Really excited about the opportunity to collaborate with JCPenney for their Holiday Challenge this year. I love shopping, but I absolutely shopping for deals! This year, JCPenney created a Holiday Pop Up shop curated by some major style savvy celebs such as Nicole Richie! ( love her). The Pop Up shop is called Jacques Penne and you can visit the virtual shop here : VIRTUAL POP UP
Here are a pair of Libby Edelman shoes that I selected from #JacquesPenne :
I paired it with some other amazing JCP finds, and created a full Holiday Party Look for $100!! Totally beat my budget.
You can find affordable, trendy pieces you’ll love, online and in store with amazing deals to beat any budget! #Ad
SHOP HERE :JCPenney
After two failed attempts at setting up a baby monitor in our son’s nursery, I received an email asking if I would like to test out a new innovative baby monitor on the market . Of course I thought the timing was impeccable, but when I found out that this monitor wasn’t a camera monitor, I was a bit hesitant. The Sproutling Baby Monitor is actually an ankle monitor, and seeing that my son is 9 months old, I was almost certain that he would try to take it off. Well, to my surprise, despite the fact that he will pull off shoes and socks as if performed in a choreographed routine, he has yet to even attempt to tamper with the ankle monitor. So if comfort is a concern, I would say that it checked the box right away. Now, if you’re like me and you have a big baby, not to worry! They thought this through, by providing two different ankle strap sizes to choose from, a small and a medium band.
In terms of set up, this was definitely the easiest set up of all monitors that we have tried. The directions are so simply that they are actually written on the packaging rather than a lengthy booklet that no parent has time to read. In three easy steps, you are all set!
If you were like me, and you feel like a camera is an essential component for a baby monitor. Take a moment, and ask yourself what you truly desire to learn from monitoring your baby. The creators of this baby monitor answered one of the main concerns of most parents, being :
Is my baby awake or asleep ? ( Saves you all the tip toeing when entering your baby’s room if you know what to expect!)
Now let’s get into the app details, which includes a cute little baby icon that represents your baby!
*screenshot from my baby’s naptime, the face smiles when your baby is awake ( it even yawns! LOL so cute right?)
When you download the Sproutling App, there are three easy components to utilize.
1. Clock & Heart – The circle represents a clock and the heart pulsates to the actual heart rate of your baby ( pretty cool huh? ). The heart also moves around the clock to indicate the current time.
2. Smart Control – You can control the smart charger’s functions from your fingertips! The smart charger doubles as a night light, allowing you to select the colour of the light and also the brightness/dimness ( I repeat, you don’t need to be in the room! you simply control via your phone ). My personal favourite feature is the music that you can also play from the smart charger. There are several classic songs to choose from but also white noise, gentle rain showers, heartbeat sounds etc. and you can control the volume as well, simply via the app. This feature has worked wonders for me. I like to play the music when my baby is falling asleep and when he has fallen asleep, I simply lower the volume or turn it off completely, without having to enter the room.
3. Timeline – This is a virtual sleep log for your baby! After wearing the ankle monitor for a week, you actually receive predicted wake times. I learned that my baby tends to wake up at 4 am on average to do a bit of “stirring” and then falls asleep again until approx. 7 am. This is a great way to understand why your baby may be happier some mornings and a bit cranky on other mornings. Not only can you see how well your baby slept via the timeline, the longer you use the monitor, the closer your monitor gets to predicting the exact wake up times of your baby ( this will blow your mind!). If you’re a new mom, dying to go in the shower but you’re afraid your baby may wake up in your absence…this finally solves that worry! You can also set a timer when your baby takes naps in the day and you can log those naps as well, which is super helpful when you’re trying to sleep train or establish a sleep routine with your baby.
*This is actually from my baby, so fascinating to read these in the morning! Sproutling also adds tips to answer FAQ
The longer you use your Sproutling, the more accurate it will get with predictions each time your baby falls asleep.
There are some things that will effect the accuracy of your predictions and results that you must keep in mind :
- Your baby should sleep in the same room each time they go to sleep
- Your Smart Charger should be within 15 feet of your baby’s crib
- Your baby’s bed should be flat and stationary
- Your baby should also sleep independently
- Your wearable should be high onto the back of your baby’s ankle, directly against the skin
- Your baby should be sleeping on their back
I can say that I experienced the accuracy of my “awake” and “asleep” prediction being off a couple times over the span of 2 weeks because at least one of these factors were not in play ( primarily the placement of the ankle bracelet ). They suggest placing the ankle bracelet on at the first signs of sleepiness ( baby yawning, rubbing eyes etc. ) and for me, I have a bit of a kicker and those nights when I didn’t place the bracelet on accurately, it was likely because I should have waited until he was a bit less active to put it on correctly.
Something that also peaked my interest, is that the Sproutling is still in the process of receiving new development and features, and you will not have to feel like you missed out because a newer model will reap the benefits later down the line. Sproutling will automatically apply their updates via the app.
Now the price tag! This Smart Monitor is $250 which is on the higher spectrum for baby monitors. This is to be considered if you would want to also get a camera monitor just for the novelty of watching your baby sleep. My thoughts on the price? Initially I would say this sounds steep, but after experiencing 2 different baby monitors priced at over $100 break within the set up stage alone, my thoughts have changed. Considering that you have a nightlight, sound machine, and a virtual sleep expert in the palm of your hands, you’re getting a few baby essentials in one product. So if you’re looking for something to add to your baby registry that you’d love family/friends to chip in on, this may just be an awesome product to consider.
Would I recommend this product? Absolutely! I really enjoy seeing the sleep charts, especially since we are 2 months deep into sleep training. It feels great seeing that my baby actually sleeps in solid stretches. My only regret is not having this during those early newborn stages when sleep is a total blur! It would have been amazing to see just how much he slept. We were all in the new parent, zombie stage, I remember totally guessing when people would ask me how long my baby slept the night prior! *Lol
Thank you to Fisher Price for the opportunity to review The Sproutling Baby Monitor!
Available here : CLICK TO SHOP SPROUTLING
Just here for the shopping links? No worries, scroll to the bottom of my post to find all product links 😉
This week’s favs are definitely summer inspired. This is the season for slide on mules, and bright colours, so of course I had to include these beautiful shoes. I have always wanted a pair of authentic East Indian “Jutti” shoes, but I never seem to find the ones I like in my size ( size 10. ) So while I feel a little torn supporting a mass chain for a style of this nature, I couldn’t resist these beauties! The size 10 actually fits true to size and this is rare! I can’t wait until they get a bit more worn in, I have a feeling these will only get better with time. As for the tasseled earrings, I mean…look at them. These go with just about everything I own, and they are pretty reasonable for a beautiful pair of earrings with so much detail. The summer months definitely excite me for the fashion, but also for my curly hair wash & go season ( I mean, I always wash and go…but now I don’t have to worry about catching pneumonia if I leave my home with wet hair!) This Mielle Organics product has a lot of hype around it so I finally went out and bought it, and needless to say..the hype was justified. I am not usually a mint girl, but the mint does feel amazing on your scalp and I love the consistency of this deep conditioner. Now the OGX coconut water spray is an old fav that I brought out again because it’s one of the best smelling products I have ever come across. I recently pulled out my clip in curly extensions and I am always a little paranoid that maybe they could smell a little like…doll hair ( I have a suuuuper strong sense of smell ..it’s a gift and a curse lol ) ANYWAY, so I love to spray this coconut spray on my extensions but also on my wash & go for some extra sheen and a delicious smell. like thes Here are this week’s favs! Onto the nails….I am probably alone on this, but I hate going to nail salons *lol* I never enjoy my experience. I think it’s my DIY nature because I am the same way with hair salons too…I just want to do things myself so I know that I am getting what I want. I also hate sitting for what feels like 2 hours, while a stranger scrubs my feet that are INCREDIBLY ticklish, so I sit there trying my hardest not to kick the person doing my toes ( its my tickle defense reflex *lol*) and when I am finally finished…without fail, an hour out of the salon I always end up ruining a nail. So all that being said, Sally Hansen Insta-Dri has been a fav of mine since forever!! I love the colour range and the fact that they dry sooo fast. The only nail polish I really wear other than this, is OPI “Cajun Shrimp” ( my very fav red for my toes!) …I’ve been loving all things peach lately, so I decided to swap out that red for this one featured and I love it! ( I’m feeling very Miami-esque lol). Now for the sunnies, one of the best investments you can make ( in my humble opinion ) is some prescription sunglasses, if you are an eyeglass wearer. I love cheap little funky sunnies, but they aren’t so much fun to wear when you can’t really see anything. This is why I love Coastal…great for the eyes, without compromising style. These style has been my go-to lately Last but not least, I am loving this fringe choker. It looks amazing with a sleek bun or wild hair! If you enjoyed this weeks favs, let me know by hopping back on my instagram post and commenting with a watermelon emjoi! It will be our little secret 😉 Xo
1. STUDIO CALEIDOSCOPE FLATS ( FITS TRUE TO SIZE ) : SHOP HERE
2. MIELLE ORGANICS BABASSU OIL MINT DEEP CONDITIONER : SHOP HERE
3. COASTAL SUNGLASSES ( DISCOUNT CODE CHARMSIE20 FOR 20% OFF FRAMES & LENSES ) : SHOP HERE
4. ALDO Earrings : SHOP HERE
5. SALLY HANSEN INSTA-DRY NAIL POLISH IN ” PEACHY BREEZE ” : SHOP HERE
6. OGX WEIGHTLESS HYDRATION COCONUT WATER HYDRATION OIL : SHOP HERE
7. ANARCHY STREET DENIM FRINGE NECKLACE : SHOP HERE
SEE YOU OVER HERE NEXT WEEK XO
I know its been forever and a day since I’ve been on Le Blog, but I have been super active over on my instagram and youtube, its definitely a challenge juggling everything with a new baby but I am super grateful to have cool opportunities like this one, to keep my creative brain moving when it’s in a cloud of baby books, toys, and breastfeeding ( yes, i’m still keeping it real over here lol)
Here is my collab with Julbox…inspired by things that are very close to my heart, motherhood, curly hair, and being a free spirit. Hope you love them as much I do!
“ITS NOT FRIZZ ITS MY HALO” EARRINGS : CLICK HERE TO SHOP
“MAMA KNOWS” NECKLACE : CLICK HERE TO SHOP
DESIGN #3 ” LOVE HER BUT LEAVE HER WILD ” NECKLACE : CLICK TO SHOP HERE
IF YOU LOVE CUTE, AFFORDABLE JEWELRY, HERE’S ANOTHER BRAND YOU’LL LOVE : ANARCHY STREET
USE DISCOUNT CODE ” CHARMSIE20 ” AT CHECKOUT FOR 20% OFF YOUR ORDERS XO.